I have three main objectives here:
- Keeping things simple. I’m not into confusing anyone or making myself look smart. The simpler we make tasks the higher our chances of success.
- Staying focused. We live in a world of distraction so focus is key these days. If we can cut out the clutter in our physical and virtual lives we open up so much opportunity.
- Fitness. It’s no longer an option to stay healthy and achieve a certain level of wellness which extends beyond just physical fitness. Mental, emotional, and, social wellness are just as important.
A few things about me
- Husband and Father (north of 40)
- University Lecturer in Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Master’s degree in Kinesiology: Health Studies
- Drug-Free Competitive Bodybuilder
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the NSCA
- Author of Bodybuilding Basic Training: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Building Muscle.
- Writer. You can check out my work on Breaking Muscle, Primer Magazine, Muscle and Strength, and Fitness Volt.
- 21 year veteran of the Air National Guard.
- Cancer survivor.
Here are a few pics from my competitive days.
Thanks for being here,
My work has appeared on:
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”